* Suggesting that French-Canadian referees favor the Canadians -- as Ron MacLean did -- is as old as the NHL.
* The same anti-Quebecois theme was voiced against George Gravel, the popular bald referee of the 1940s.
* Anyone who knows the zebras realize that they are human, have emotions and sometimes allow those feelings to dictate calls. That's life.
* On the other hand, it does not mean that a Jon Cooper rip on lousy officiating is offside.
* Truth is that losing teams cry about refereeing about 98 percent of the time; because they lost.
* Right now the Broad Street Bullies are being bullied by the non-Smurf Rangers.
* Put it another way, as I predicted before the series, one major advantage New York has over Philly is in the area of coaching.
* The rookie -- as in Craig Berube -- is being foiled by the vet, Alain Vigneault.
* You read it here first; the moment Glen Sather acquired Dan Carcillo I noted that it was a superior but underplayed move.
* Carcillo, like Sean Avery before him, is one disturber who also can play.
* The goalie injury epidemic sufficiently ruined the Lightning and doing likewise with Philadelphia.
* Say this for the Bruins; when they finally get serious against the well-coached Red Wings, it was for the most part; series over.
* Did Brad Marchand fake that "injury?" If so, then shame on the Bruins; times ten.
* When all is said and done, Matt Cooke is Matt Cooke. Synonym for dirty.
* My last brag of the day: When Marty St. Louis was floundering down the homestretch, I told complaining Rangers fans that MSL will wake up during the playoffs.
* He is up!